Guilt-Free For Daddy-To-Be: Essentials
Practical and impressive, these guilt-free goodies are a wonderful way to take care of Dad when the new baby arrives! Delectable snacks and tasty treats made with premium organic ingredients is a great way to show how much you care. Dad will snack guilt-free for days! Looking for a grand gesture? Upgrade the Guilt-Free For Daddy-To-Be Essentials to the Ultimate Bundle!
Products included in the bundle:
- 2 Taste of Nature Granola Bars
- 2 Giddy Yoyo Chocolate Bars
- 1 Neal Brothers Organic Salsa (Medium)
- 1 Neal Brothers Tortillas Chips
- 1 Mary’s Organic Caraway Crackers
- 2 Veggie Go’s
- 1 Giddy Yoyo Red Banana Spears
- 1 Handmade custom designed burlap bow with jeweled embellishment
- 1 Plantable, biodegradable enclosure card with personalized message
- 1 Market Tray
Taste of Nature Granola Bars (2 pack)
Taste of Nature’s 100% certified organic bars are kosher and are made with the very best ingredients the world has to offer. Certified vegan, source of omega-3, source of fibre, source of energy, non-GMO and gluten-free. You’ll get all the good stuff you want, such as high fibre and healthy carbohydrates, with none of the stuff you don’t want, including no additives, no artificial flavours and no fillers, and low sodium. And yes, they taste as good as they look!
Giddy Yoyo Chocolate Bars
75% Raw Organic Dark Chocolate, vegan, fair trade, free of dairy, gluten, soy, nuts, refined sugar and other nasty funk!
Neal Brothers Organic Salsa
Just the right amount of organic jalapenos to spice up our organic tomatoes, onions, garlic and many other wonderful ingredients! This is a lively and very tasty sugar-free organic salsa.
Neal Brothers Tortillas Chips
You ever notice that the best snack on the table gets the centre of attention? The bowl becomes surrounded by grabbing hands and good laughs. That’s why you want to fill your bowls with Neal Brothers Organic, wholegrain and corn Tortillas and stir up some crunchy conversation at your next get together. What makes these chips so unique? It’s the organic blue corn giving them the traditional taste and rich deep colour.
Mary’s Caraway Crackers
The perfect snack! Great for dipping in organic almond butter or hummus, salsa or with cheese. Anything goes! Crispy, satisfying and delicious, Mary’s Original Seed Crackers with Caraway have a rich, nutty flavour reminiscent of your favourite rye bread. Organic, gluten-free, whole grain brown rice, quinoa, flax seeds, and sesame seeds and caraway seeds! Also vegan, dairy-free, wheat and gluten-free. No hydrogenated oils or trans-fats.
Veggie-Go (2 Pack)
Healthy snacks for moms and tots are a must-have at all times! Veggie-Go’s are the original fruit and veggie strip! With amazing flavors that combine fruits and vegetables, Veggie-Go’s are the chewiest, fruitiest way to love your veggies! Made from whole organic fruits and veggies with no added sugar. Veggie-Go’s are made by hand from organic, all natural, whole-food ingredients and are a lunchbox favorite for kids and parents alike! A great snack to keep in your purse or glove box for an afternoon pick-me-up.
Giddy Yoyo Red Banana Spears
These highly mineralized Banana Spears are made from the sweet fruit of sun-ripened heirloom variety of the Ecuadorian Red Banana. Red Bananas are a variety of banana with reddish-purple skin – the redder the fruit, the higher the carotene and vitamin C levels. They are smaller, softer and more plump than the common yellow Cavendish banana and are sweeter, with a slight raspberry-banana flavor. Red Bananas are low-fat as well as sodium and cholesterol-free. They are a good source of fiber and potassium, and a great source of vitamin C & B6. These red bananas are allowed to vine ripen under completely organic growing conditions and are then carefully hand-picked at the peak of freshness. This ensures all potential nutrients are able to fully develop. Most commercial bananas are the highly hybridized Cavendish variety which is picked prematurely and then gas ripened. Enjoy dipped in nut butter, chocolate sauce or straight from the bag. Use in dishes whenever banana is called for. Suitable for smoothies, elixirs, oatmeal, pancakes, baby food, ice cream, and other frozen desserts. Tastes like banana bread!
Taste Of Nature Granola Bars: Sprouted golden flax powder, agave nectar, almonds, peanuts, whole grain brown rice crisps, blueberries, brown rice syrup, cranberries (cranberries, apple juice concentrate, sunflower oil), pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, raspberries, blueberry flavour.
Giddy Yoyo Chocolate Bars:
* Stone Ground Cacao – Energizing and one of the most pharmacologically complex foods containing over 1200 different molecules. Cacao is one of the most concentrated sources of anti–oxidants (6x more than blueberries) and is a great source of many key minerals such as magnesium, iron, chromium, manganese, zinc and copper.
* Sun Dried Cane Juice – The first of its kind on the market. This delicious sweetener is harvested from sugar cane grown in Ecuador in highly mineralized volcanic soil. It has a mild taste and is a perfect complement to the deep rich flavor of our cacao.
* Cacao paste, essential oils, essences and spices
Neal Brothers Organic Salsa: Tomato, Water, Organic Onion, Organic Cider Vinegar, Tomato Paste, Organic Green Pepper, Organic Jalapeno Pepper, Salt, Organic Dehydrated Garlic, Organic Spices.
Neal Brothers Tortillas Chips: Whole Grain Organic Blue Corn, Organic Sunflower Oil, Sea Salt, Trace of Lime.
Mary’s Caraway Crackers: Organic short grain brown rice, organic whole quinoa, organic brown flax seeds, organic brown sesame seeds, filtered water, organic whole caraway seeds, sea salt, organic wheat free tamari (water, whole organic soy beans, salt, organic alcohol).
Mountain Berry Spinach – Organic Apples, Organic Spinach, Organic Strawberries, Organic Raspberries, Organic Blueberries, Organic Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potato Pie – Organic Sweet Potatoes, Organic Apples, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Ginger, Organic Nutmeg, Organic Cloves.
Giddy Yoyo Red Banana Spears: 100% Raw Organic Vine Ripened Banana Powder, certified organic & kosher from wild growing Ecuadorian trees.
TASTE OF NATURE IS PROUDLY CANADIAN! Taste of Nature was founded on this basic principle: to work together as a family to create a food company that makes a simple, great tasting product that would give back to the world more than it took. Our Taste of Nature bars are made from the highest quality organic ingredients, supplied through a network of family farms and businesses. Our bars are made in our facility in Markham, Ontario, Canada. People have to enjoy the food they eat, so we work hard to make bars that taste delicious. Foods that are grown organically are better for us, for the farmers, and for the plants, animals and environment as a whole. It is widely recognized that organic foods are higher in nutrient content. Our bars are a source of energy, fibre, protein, essential fatty acids, omega 3 fatty acids, and vitamins, minerals and trace elements that occur naturally in organic foods.
GIDDY YOYO IS PROUDLY CANADIAN! Giddy Yoyo foods are not the same as other certified organic or fair-trade products. While our goods are always organic or wild crafted, fairly traded AND of the heirloom variety, there are additional attributes that make our products unique. Our foods are the highest quality most nutrient dense foods available, nourished by mineral-rich soil, the freshest spring water & grown in healthy, remote environments that have never known the existence of chemicals. Our products are untouched by genetically modified organisms, the practice of hybridization, or chemical solvents and metals regularly used in the practice of bringing foods to market. And they’re 100% RAW too!
NEAL BROTHERS IS PROUDLY CANADIAN! Let’s first start by introducing ourselves. We are Peter and Chris Neal. In 1988, we started making croutons out of our mom’s Aurora, ON kitchen. Under the name Croutons Croûtons, these crunchy bits of delicious became a huge hit and soon enough, grew out of the home. The decision soon came to put 100% of our focus into distribution which paved the way to offering more products under the Neal Brothers name. We will always hold true to our humble beginnings by offering the freshest ingredients in our foods. Where we can, we offer products made from organic ingredients to help sustain our environment and keep us healthy and chemical free. We also strongly believe in the Fair Trade movement and the positive impact it has on millions of poor farmers around the world.
MARY’S GONE CRACKERS: I started my career as a psychotherapist helping others to manifest their truest selves. It took a cherished chiropractor for me to realize mine. When I was 43, my chiropractor figured out that I had celiac disease; an autoimmune disorder that had left me debilitated most of my life, caused by an inability to digest gluten, found in wheat, barley, rye and most oats. Her wisdom and experience changed my life. I cut out all gluten immediately, easily. I was so happy to finally understand the root of my distress. Suddenly I had energy to live my life, fully and with relish. My body was working with me instead of seemingly against me. Without even noticing the changes at first, I soon realized that I was happier and more energetic than I had ever felt. As part of my self-care (and self-discovery), I turned my lifelong passion for baking into creating all kinds of gluten free goodies—from crackers and cookies to pancakes and pretzels—I transformed my gluten recipes into delicious alternatives.
THE NAKED EDGE was started in January 2011 by John and Lisa McHugh after returning home to Boulder, Colorado after a year of living, working, and most importantly eating on organic farms in Greece, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and France. It was shocking to see the over-processed “food” that makes up the majority of Americans diets. Upon returning home, rather than going back to a job in mechanical engineering, John decided to follow his passion for food. Lisa dove back into her Personal Training practice and found that there were very few products on the market that she would recommend her clients eat to enhance their workouts. Even most products marketed to health conscious athletes are over processed and contain ingredients that you would never use at home. They decided to take matters into their own hands and start a snack company that uses only whole food ingredients, like the ones you would use at home. And thus The Naked Edge was born!
WHAT ARE THE TOP 5 INGREDIENTS TO AVOID? Eat foods in the most unadulterated “original” format as often as possible. In those grab-and-go moments, always keep in mind that any food packaging with a long list of ingredients is not the kind of food you want to eat. Here are some of the worst offenders:
1) Textured soy protein concentrate, carrageenan, maltodextrin, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, modified cornstarch: All of these are basically different names to hide ingredients that either contain Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) or form MSG during processing.
2) Enriched flour: Enriched flour is devoid of nutrients and more often than not it is also bleached. The “enrichment” itself is made using toxic ingredients. For example, iron is added back into enriched flour. Unfortunately, food makers use a metallic form of iron that your body can barely absorb and should not be ingested.
3) High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS): Loaded with “unbound” fructose and glucose molecules, studies have shown that the reactive carbonyl molecules can cause tissue damage that may lead to obesity, diabetes, and also heart disease. HFCS is made from genetically modified corn and processed with genetically modified enzymes. To make matters worse, studies have recently revealed that nearly half of tested samples of HFCS contained mercury. HFCS Is rapidly absorbed into your blood stream since minimal digestion is needed. This leads to a spike in insulin (the fat storage hormone) and fatty liver disease. Other health issues associated with HFCS include obesity and weight gain, heart disease, mood disorders (such as ADHD), diabetes and heart disease. HFCS can lead to guy and chronic inflammation.
4) Yellow #5: Almost all colorants approved for use in food are derived from coal tar and may contain up to 10ppm of lead and arsenic.
5) BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene): Common additive used to prevent oxidation in a wide variety of foods and cosmetics is listed by the National Toxicology Program (NTP) in 2005 as “reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen” on the basis of experimental findings in animals. It is also used in jet fuels, rubber petroleum products, transformer oil and embalming fluid. As if this were not enough, the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) warns that BHT should not be allowed to enter the environment, can cause liver damage, and is harmful to aquatic organisms.