Raw food snacks are a smart health food choice for those on a health conscious path. This bundle offers goodies that are both raw and wonderful. Nutrition-packed raw food snacks are a great gift for those with gluten intolerance as well as for vegetarians and vegans! Truly enjoyable raw delights presented in a beautiful bundle.
Products included in the bundle:
- 1 Dutchman’s Gold Raw Honey
- 2 Giddy Yoyo Chocolate Bars
- 1 Giddy Yoyo Red Banana Spears
- 1 Artisana Almond Butter
- 1 Navitas Naturals Goji Berries
- 1 Navitas Naturals Chia Seeds
- 1 Handmade custom designed burlap bow with jeweled embellishment
- 1 Plantable, biodegradable enclosure card with personalized message
- 1 Euro tote bag
Dutchman’s Gold Raw Honey
Why raw honey? Honey is more digestible than any other sweetener, natural or artificial. It is because it is not only predigested, but it also contains enzymes to help it along. It is easier on the body because of its chemical structure and does not cause a huge insulin rush the same as sugar does. Raw honey contains: Vitamin A, Beta-Carotene, All of the B-Complex Vitamins, Vitamins C, D, E and K Minerals, Magnesium, Sulfur, Phosphorus, Iron, Calcium, Chlorine, Potassium, Iodine, Sodium, Copper and Manganese. You want to know more? Ok! Raw honey can help with: Balancing blood sugar, Harmonize the liver, Loaded with ‘good’ bacteria including Acidophilus, Neutralize toxins, Blood pressure, Relieve pain, contains Anti-Cancer properties, Wipe out toxins that cause diarrhea, Calm the nerves, Digestion, Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Allergenic, Anti-Inflammatory, Cough & Expectorant, Type 1 diabetes, Fever-reducing…I could go on! And let’s not forget, it tastes incredible!
Giddy Yoyo Chocolate Bars
75% Raw Organic Dark Chocolate, vegan, fair trade, free of dairy, gluten, soy, nuts, refined sugar and other nasty funk!
Giddy Yoyo Red Banana Spears
These highly mineralized Banana Spears are made from the sweet fruit of sun-ripened heirloom variety of the Ecuadorian Red Banana. Red Bananas are a variety of banana with reddish-purple skin – the redder the fruit, the higher the carotene and vitamin C levels. Red Bananas are low-fat as well as sodium and cholesterol-free. They are a good source of fiber and potassium, and a great source of vitamin C & B6. These red bananas are allowed to vine ripen under completely organic growing conditions and are then carefully hand-picked at the peak of freshness. This means the fruit remains connected to the plant until it’s the natural time for it to be harvested. This ensures all potential nutrients are able to fully develop. Most commercial bananas are the highly hybridized Cavendish variety which is picked prematurely and then gas ripened. Enjoy dipped in nut butter, chocolate sauce or straight from the bag. Use in dishes whenever banana is called for. Suitable for smoothies, elixirs, oatmeal, pancakes, baby food, ice cream, and other frozen desserts. Tastes like banana bread!
Artisana Raw Almond Butter
Experience the delightful texture and clean aroma of our raw, uniquely energizing almond purée. A great way to add protein, essential vitamins and minerals to your diet. Add to fruit, shakes, cereal, sandwiches, confections or eat right out of the jar. Notably absent? Peanuts, gluten, dairy, heat, processing, sugar, salt, pesticides, artificial flavours/colours, preservatives, oils and of course, GMO’s.
Navitas Naturals Goji Berries
Add to your trail mix, fruit smoothies, home made granola bars, a topping on yogurt, oatmeal and salads. It’s organic, raw, vegan, kosher and gluten-free! The goji berry, also known as the wolfberry, has been cherished throughout Asia as one of the most nutrient-rich foods for thousands of years. Only recently have Western cultures discovered the remarkable nutritional profile of this tasty little berry. Goji berries provide a number of macronutrients which include: carbohydrates, protein, healthy fats and soluble fibre. These little berries also include 18 amino acids, free-radical fighting antioxidants, carotenoids, vitamins A-C & E, zinc, iron, phosphorous, riboflavin (B2). Goji berries contain more vitamin C than oranges, more beta-carotene then carrots and more iron than soybeans and spinach. Why on earth wouldn’t you put this on everything!
Navitas Naturals Chia Seeds
Add to your smoothies and beverages, granola, oatmeal, yogurt, use as a thickener or a flour substitute. Ancient cultures throughout Central America have long enjoyed chia seeds as a key part of their food and medicine. The seeds were even used as currency. Navitas Naturals Chia Seeds are loaded with omega fats, protein, antioxidants and dietary fiber. They have a mild nutty flavor, and since they absorb liquid, they’re ideal for hydration and feeling full. The Mayans and Incans revered the tiny, but nutrient-dense, chia seed as a staple food along with corn and beans. In fact, ‘chia’ is the Mayan word for ‘strength.’ You’ll find lots of strength in Navitas Naturals Chia Seeds, which contain an abundance of good-for-you nutrients that can be added to virtually any meal.
Giddy Yoyo Chocolate Bars:
* Stone Ground Cacao – Energizing and one of the most pharmacologically complex foods containing over 1200 different molecules. Cacao is one of the most concentrated sources of anti–oxidants (6x more than blueberries) and is a great source of many key minerals such as magnesium, iron, chromium, manganese, zinc and copper.
* Sun Dried Cane Juice – The first of its kind on the market. This delicious sweetener is harvested from sugar cane grown in Ecuador in highly mineralized volcanic soil. It has a mild taste and is a perfect complement to the deep rich flavor of our cacao.
* Cacao paste, essential oils, essences and spices
Red Banana Spears: 100% Raw Organic Vine Ripened Banana Powder, certified organic & kosher from wild growing Ecuadorian trees.
Artisana Almond Butter: Organic raw almonds
DUTCHMAN’S GOLD IS PROUDLY CANADIAN! Dutchman’s Gold started from natural hive that the Van Alten family found back in 1981. We operate 1,500 beehives; with over 50,000 worker bees per hive in the summer months, our bee keepers stay busy! We are a small family business, open year-round, employing 13 hardworking individuals to help with beekeeping, extracting, honey packing, making beeswax candles, customer service in our honey shop, and delivering honey and maple products to retail stores in the surrounding area.
GIDDY YOYO IS PROUDLY CANADIAN! Giddy Yoyo foods are not the same as other certified organic or fair-trade products. While our goods are always organic or wild crafted, fairly traded AND of the heirloom variety, there are additional attributes that make our products unique. Our foods are the highest quality most nutrient dense foods available, nourished by mineral-rich soil, the freshest spring water & grown in healthy, remote environments that have never known the existence of chemicals. Our products are untouched by genetically modified organisms, the practice of hybridization, or chemical solvents and metals regularly used in the practice of bringing foods to market. And they’re 100% RAW too!
ARTISANA: Raw and organic food is just as natural as a flower growing in the grass. It is alive with all of nature’s enzymes, proteins, vitamins and minerals. Creating raw and organic food is an art. We source local nuts and seeds where available and we have a strict quality control program to insure the purity of our food from the farm to your table. Making our raw organic nut butters is not easy… and it is a process that we do not hurry along. It takes a considerable amount of energy and time to hand-make and keep all of Artisana Nut Butters pure and raw for you to enjoy… and we enjoy every moment of this process! Although we are a small organic food company, we are trying to make a big difference. Our goals and ideas are much bigger than just organic food. We are devoted to sustainable living and through our community we support the organic and living foods movement, the Earth and her forests. We try to buy our foods as close to the farmer as possible. In many cases we are able to buy straight from the organic farmers. It’s a choice. It’s how we operate. It is how we live our life.
NAVITAS NATURALS – THE SUPERFOOD COMPANY: The mission of Navitas Naturals is to provide the finest organic superfoods that increase energy and enhance health. Since 2003, health-conscious people have been choosing our organic superfoods because they’re a diverse whole-food source of antioxidants, protein, essential fats, minerals, vitamins and other key nutrients.
WHY RAW HONEY? Not all honey is created equal. Many people believe that just because honey is “”natural””, any kind of honey is healthy. This is simply not true. Unfortunately, most of the honey eaten today has been heavily processed. Like most foods that have been chemically refined, many of the healthful benefits have been reduced or eliminated. Most commercial and off shore honey is treated with an excessive heating process that can destroy some of the critical natural enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. And many so called ‘local’ or ‘domestic’ honeys are in fact small amounts of domestic blended with Chinese or cheap off shore honey. Canadian labeling laws for example allow you to call it ‘Canadian’ as long as there is some Canadian honey in it. Processing of honey also filters out many vital phytonutrients found in raw honey. Raw honey has not been heated excessively through pasteurization. The only way to get that perfectly clear look of most commercial honeys is to heat it and then filter it excessively. The problem with heat is that many nutrients are very sensitive to it and die. You may get strange looks when you tell people your raw honey is ‘alive’, but you’re absolutely correct to a certain extent. It’s the beneficial enzymes found in raw honey that make it so digestible to humans. Raw honey is filtered, but very minimally and in a manor not to destroy the health promoting enzymes and other nutrients. You’ll also notice raw honey is solid at room temperature (like honey should be) and it also looks almost milky. It is not a golden and perfectly clear liquid. Let that be a sign to you – the mirky look to your honey is assurance that it still contains it bee pollen granules, bee propolis, vitamins, minerals, enzymes and whatever else raw honey contains that we haven’t figured out yet!
WHY RAW & ORGANIC NUT BUTTERS? Raw, organic nut butters are loaded with protein, fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. Protein helps build muscle and keep the body in shape, while the right fatty acids work to decrease cholesterol and, as a result, reduce the risk of heart disease. Vitamins and minerals, such as riboflavin, thiamin, niacin, folic acid, and vitamin E, all work to keep the body’s systems running smoothly. The well rounded health benefits of raw, organic nut butters are important aspects of a successful raw food diet.
WHY RAW FOODS?
* Phytonutrients (“”phyto”” means “”plant””), which includes antioxidants, give fruits and vegetables their radiant colors and are important in the prevention of chronic diseases, most notably cancer. These are literally nature’s compounds that keep us well. Phytonutrients help “”turn-on”” your body’s metabolism at the cellular level and regulate hormones that help control appetite. These foods have high levels of antioxidants with health promoting and disease preventing compounds. Most vitamins and phytonutrients are destroyed or damaged when cooked or processed above 130 degrees so they’re less available for assimilation. In short, when you cook your food, you’re destroying the nutrients. It’s like eating empty foods, or empty calories, that just fill you up temporarily. Eating fresh, organic Raw fruits and vegetables will increase the vitamins and micronutrients in your diet and you’ll feel the difference immediately.
* Raw foods are high in Enzymes are the power of life. They are living forces that conduct and direct every activity in your body. Enzymes “”digest”” or break down raw foods. More and more research suggests eating high-enzyme food helps digestion. Eating an enzyme-rich diet is thought to increase vitality and slow the aging process. Enzymes are heat sensitive and destroyed at temperatures above 118 degrees. Again, the bottom line here is that when you cook your food, you’re destroying the nutrients and enzymes.
* Raw fats are extremely helpful in transitioning you to a higher Raw diet, away from cooked foods. As long as you are getting enough green vegetables and fruits, and not overeating all the time, you don’t have to worry about limiting your intake of the good fats. The “”good fats”” include mono-unsaturated fats, which you can find in avocados, almonds, and olives, Omega-3 fatty acids, which are in flax seeds and walnuts. The “”good fats”” also include polyunsaturated fats, which can bind with toxins, helping to eliminate them from your body. So, these are some of the most healing fats for the body. You can find these in walnuts, flax, hemp, sesame, sunflower and other seeds.