The Healthy Gourmet Basket
Organic, healthy gourmet treats make for a great gift! Filled with a variety of gluten-free, fair trade and vegan selections. Fitting as a Get Well Soon gift, Housewarming gift, Congrats, Thank-You or simply wanting to restock their pantry from the conventional to the organically gourmet!
Products included in the bundle:
- 1 Maison Orphee Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cold Press (750 ml)
- 1 Maison Orphee Dijon Mustard (250 ml)
- 2 Giddy Yoyo Chocolate Bar
- 1 Prana Go Nuts Sweet Snack
- 1 Sahara Tea 100 Mysteries
- 1 Garden-In-A-Bag (Basil)
- 1 VerMints
- 1 Artisana Raw Almond Butter
- 1 Pair of Bamboo Salad Tongs
- 1 Handmade custom designed burlap bow with jeweled embellishment
- 1 Plantable, biodegradable enclosure card with personalized message
- 1 Reusable Burlap Tote Bag
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
This cold-pressed, extra virgin olive oil is certified organic and certified kosher. it has a fresh herbaceous aroma and is delicious on and in everything! It is so light it can be used as a garnish or for cooking. Enhance salads and meals, great for cooking using low heat.
Certified organic Dijon-style mustard with a creamy texture and unique tang! It will win over all hot mustard enthusiasts! Ideal for preparing vinaigrettes and mayonnaise. Kosher, gluten free, no preservatives and no sugar added.
Giddy Yoyo Chocolate Bars
75% Raw Organic Dark Chocolate, vegan, fair trade, free of dairy, gluten, soy, nuts, refined sugar and other nasty funk!
Prana Go Nuts Sweet Snack
Organic, kosher and gluten-free, this little snack mix is an excellent source of vitamin E (the powerful antioxidant helps prevent cardiovascular disease and certain cancers). Also, an excellent source of plant base Omega 3‘s (beneficial for the heart and the mind). Contains Brazil nuts that help prevent coronary artery disease, liver cirrhosis, and cancers. Last, pumpkin seeds which help for optimal kidney, bladder and prostate health.
Sahara Tea: 100 Mysteries
An organic and magnificent Ayurvedic tea that promotes energy without overheating the body. According to Ayurveda, this tea balances Vata. Its aroma and flavours are mysteriously sensational with health benefits! Caffeine and preservative-free.
King of the herbs, basil is a favorite among many cooks for its incredible flavor. The sweet tasting miniature leaves are ready for use straight off the plant. No chopping or mincing required. Includes: organic seed, growing medium, coconut husks for drainage, directions. Bag 7″ high x 6″ wide.
When out and about, you never know who you’ll run into. Perfect for after meals, before important meetings and other important events, VerMints is an all-natural breath mint made with organic and natural ingredients which provide a refreshing alternative to other “not so natural” mints. VerMints are tasty, uniquely shaped lozenges that come in colourful contemporary tins. In addition to being certifiably all-natural (we have mentioned that, haven’t we?), VerMints have many other fine qualities:
* Pure taste with no artificial flavouring or colouring
* No chalky aftertaste
* No high-fructose corn syrup
* No artificial sweeteners
* Totally nut-free
* Vegan & Gluten-free
Artisana Raw Almond Butter
Experience the delightful texture and clean aroma of our raw, uniquely energizing almond purée. A great way to add protein, essential vitamins and minerals to your diet. Add to fruit, shakes, cereal, sandwiches, confections or eat right out of the jar. Notably absent? Peanuts, gluten, dairy, heat, processing, sugar, salt, pesticides, artificial flavours/colours, preservatives, oils and of course, GMO’s.
Bamboo Salad Tongs
A must-have for any salad bowl!
Dijon Mustard: 100% stone ground organic Canadian mustard seeds, organic apple cider vinegar and Guérande sea salt.
Giddy Yoyo Chocolate Bars:
* Stone Ground Cacao – Energizing and one of the most pharmacologically complex foods containing over 1200 different molecules. Cacao is one of the most concentrated sources of anti–oxidants (6x more than blueberries) and is a great source of many key minerals such as magnesium, iron, chromium, manganese, zinc and copper.
* Sun Dried Cane Juice – The first of its kind on the market. This delicious sweetener is harvested from sugar cane grown in Ecuador in highly mineralized volcanic soil. It has a mild taste and is a perfect complement to the deep rich flavor of our cacao.
* Cacao paste, essential oils, essences and spices
Prana Go Nuts Sweet Snack: Organic Nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews, Brazil nuts), Organic Pumpkin Seeds, Organic Maple Syrup, Algarve unrefined Sea Salt.
Sahara Tea: 100 Mysteries: A fiesta of organic Roobios, coconut, herbs, fruit and almonds. Contains Nuts.
Vermints: Organic crystalized cane juice, organic tapioca syrup, natural peppermint oil, organic mint leaves, organic Vermont maple syrup, agar, gum tragacanth, Vermont Pure® Spring water
Artisana Almond Butter: Organic raw almonds
MAISON ORPHEE IS PROUDLY CANADIAN! Maison Orphée products are only made with the highest quality fruit and seeds. We won’t compromise on this quality. And we won’t compromise on the quality of our production either. In the tradition of authentic master oil makers, all of our oils result of the patient work of slow pressing, the only way to extract the best from oil seeds. Our knowledge begins with a careful selection of raw materials. We value quality in our products and in this sense we perform several tests on GMOs, yeasts and molds. In addition, the cleanliness of our equipment, training of our teams and temperature controls right pressure contribute to our quality workmanship. In a tradition of authentic master oil makers, all of our oils are the result of pressure at very low speed and temperature. Our oils are made from a particular know-how which is the first cold pressing. It’s a process in which the oil seeds, not preheated, are pressed just once, without adding heat and at the lowest possible temperature, in order to extract part of the oil they contain (this temperature may vary depending on oil content and hardness of the seed to be pressed). La Maison Orphée combines art and craft mills and new production techniques.
GIDDY YOYO IS PROUDLY CANADIAN! Giddy Yoyo foods are not the same as other certified organic or fair-trade products. While our goods are always organic or wild crafted, fairly traded AND of the heirloom variety, there are additional attributes that make our products unique. Our foods are the highest quality most nutrient dense foods available, nourished by mineral-rich soil, the freshest spring water & grown in healthy, remote environments that have never known the existence of chemicals. Our products are untouched by genetically modified organisms, the practice of hybridization, or chemical solvents and metals regularly used in the practice of bringing foods to market. And they’re 100% RAW too!
PRANA IS PROUDLY CANADIAN! Prana offers you a wide range of organic products made in the province of Quebec. We take pride in offering our customers high quality products that have been inspired by different culinary traditions from around the globe. Let your taste buds travel to a world of flavour and nutrition with our extensive variety of nuts, dried fruits, seeds, sweet & savoury snacks, trail mix, superfoods, cacao and coconut products, all of which are 100% organic. PRANA is renowned for its fresh, flavourful products as well as its high quality standards.
SAHARA TEA IS PROUDLY CANADIAN! Attracted to the medicinal and healing properties of Green, White and Ayurvedic teas, Sahara Tea Wellness Collection of loose leaf teas and tisanes taste great and are natural health remedies. We offer the best of the very best teas by selecting only the freshest, most aromatic and flavourful ingredients. Our blends are masterfully crafted with quality ingredients such as fruits, flowers, herbs, spices, pure essential oils, or natural flavour essences with no added preservatives. Our blends were created by an experienced Pharmacist, Herbalist, Ayurvedic Practitioner and Tea Master.
POTTING SHED CREATIONS is USDA Certified Organic. Because we care about our customers as much as we care about offering products of the finest quality, we strive to consistently surpass their expectations. In terms of sustainability, our materials are sourced with eco-friendly ingredients and because our products contain as much natural material as possible, they have an innate aesthetic that requires minimal packaging.
VERMINTS: Like most good things, VerMints started in our kitchen. We tested scads of recipes using all-natural and organic ingredients – some local, like organic maple syrup instead of corn syrup – to replace the chemicals and meat byproducts that were in all those other mints. A winning formula was found and our first flavor – PepperMint – was produced for market. Continuing a proud Vermont tradition of innovation and excellence, we created VerMints, an absolutely all natural line of mints and pastilles, for people who want to refresh their breath with true flavor rather than chemicals and preservatives.
ARTISANA: Raw and organic food is just as natural as a flower growing in the grass. It is alive with all of nature’s enzymes, proteins, vitamins and minerals. Creating raw and organic food is an art. We source local nuts and seeds where available and we have a strict quality control program to insure the purity of our food from the farm to your table. Making our raw organic nut butters is not easy… and it is a process that we do not hurry along. It takes a considerable amount of energy and time to hand-make and keep all of Artisana Nut Butters pure and raw for you to enjoy… and we enjoy every moment of this process! Although we are a small organic food company, we are trying to make a big difference. Our goals and ideas are much bigger than just organic food. We are devoted to sustainable living and through our community we support the organic and living foods movement, the Earth and her forests. We try to buy our foods as close to the farmer as possible. In many cases we are able to buy straight from the organic farmers. It’s a choice. It’s how we operate. It is how we live our life.
WHY COLD-PRESSED & ORGANIC OILS? Organically produced oils are free of fertilizer and pesticide residues and other synthetic chemicals. In addition to organic, make sure they have been “cold” or “expeller” processed. Here’s why…
1) Preserve Natural Ingredients: The traditional way to extract vegetable oil is with a mechanical press. No additional heat or chemical solvents are used, so the oils retain the chemical structure of their natural source. You’ll see these oils labeled as “cold-pressed” or “expeller-pressed.”
2) Rich In Antioxidants: “Cold-pressed” or “expeller-pressed” oil is rich in antioxidants that keep the oil fresh and provide us with protection from free radical damage.
3) They React To Heat, Light and Air: Vegetable oils are not stable. They react to heat, light, air and other chemicals they come into contact with. When this happens, their antioxidants are lost, leaving free radicals in their place. We then have oil that is filled with toxic chemicals. And this happens without affecting the smell or taste of the oil.
4) Require Careful Handling: So it’s important to handle cold-pressed oils properly. They need to be kept in air-tight containers, out of the light, and away from heat.
5) The More Processing, The Lower The Quality: More oil can be extracted if heat and chemicals are used. So most vegetable oil is not mechanically pressed in the traditional way. It is extracted, instead with chemical solvents. Then it is boiled to evaporate the solvents, and then it is deodorized and bleached. The final product is very different from its natural source. The antioxidants are replaced by free radicals, and trans-fats appear in it. These refined oils may smell sweet and taste fine, but they are vastly inferior to cold pressed oils and they do not belong in our bodies.
WHY ORGANIC TEA? Tea farmers who choose to grow organically possess the knowledge that using chemical pesticides can be harmful to the human body. Tea is known for its healthful properties. Why harm it with damaging compounds that may cancel out the antioxidant and healing properties of the tea? My Organic Havynn teas are always certified organic, so you can be assured Mama is sipping on quality ingredients.
WHY ORGANIC HERBS? Many herbs have a myriad of fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides used on it during its growth. Buying organic herbs will take the guesswork out of your purchase. You will have the piece of mind knowing that your herbs are free of GMO’s and never irradiated or fumigated with Ethylene oxide gas.
WHY RAW & ORGANIC NUT BUTTERS? Raw, organic nut butters are loaded with protein, fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. Protein helps build muscle and keep the body in shape, while the right fatty acids work to decrease cholesterol and, as a result, reduce the risk of heart disease. Vitamins and minerals, such as riboflavin, thiamin, niacin, folic acid, and vitamin E, all work to keep the body’s systems running smoothly. The well rounded health benefits of raw, organic nut butters are important aspects of a successful raw food diet.