The Ultimate Superfoods Bundle
The Ultimate Superfoods Bundle makes it easy to give something healthy to your friends, family and co-workers for any occasion! Made with ingredients like premium quality raw Ecuadorian chocolate, goji berries, extra virgin cold pressed olive oil, raw honey, and much more! Gift it naturally with nutrient-rich, flavour bursting selections of raw and all organic treats.
Products included in the bundle:
- 2 Giddy Yoyo Chocolate Bars
- 1 Giddy Yoyo Red Banana Spears
- 1 Navitas Naturals Goji Berries
- 1 Navitas Naturals Chia Seeds
- 1 Maison Orphee Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- 1 Omega Nutrition Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Artisana Raw Almond Butter
- 1 Dutchman’s Gold Raw Honey
- 1 GoGo Quinoa Royal (500 g)
- 1 Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1 Handmade custom designed burlap bow with jeweled embellishment
- 1 Plantable, biodegradable enclosure card with personalized message
- 1 Euro tote bag
Giddy Yoyo Chocolate Bars
75% Raw Organic Dark Chocolate, vegan, fair trade, free of dairy, gluten, soy, nuts, refined sugar and other nasty funk!
Giddy Yoyo Red Banana Spears
These highly mineralized Banana Spears are made from the sweet fruit of sun-ripened heirloom variety of the Ecuadorian Red Banana. Red Bananas are a variety of banana with reddish-purple skin – the redder the fruit, the higher the carotene and vitamin C levels. Red Bananas are low-fat as well as sodium and cholesterol-free. They are a good source of fiber and potassium, and a great source of vitamin C & B6. These red bananas are allowed to vine ripen under completely organic growing conditions and are then carefully hand-picked at the peak of freshness. This means the fruit remains connected to the plant until it’s the natural time for it to be harvested. This ensures all potential nutrients are able to fully develop. Most commercial bananas are the highly hybridized Cavendish variety which is picked prematurely and then gas ripened. Enjoy dipped in nut butter, chocolate sauce or straight from the bag. Use in dishes whenever banana is called for. Suitable for smoothies, elixirs, oatmeal, pancakes, baby food, ice cream, and other frozen desserts. Tastes like banana bread!
Navitas Naturals Goji Berries
Add to your trail mix, fruit smoothies, home made granola bars, a topping on yogurt, oatmeal and salads. It’s organic, raw, vegan, kosher and gluten-free! The goji berry, also known as the wolfberry, has been cherished throughout Asia as one of the most nutrient-rich foods for thousands of years. Only recently have Western cultures discovered the remarkable nutritional profile of this tasty little berry. Goji berries provide a number of macronutrients which include: carbohydrates, protein, healthy fats and soluble fibre. These little berries also include 18 amino acids, free-radical fighting antioxidants, carotenoids, vitamins A-C & E, zinc, iron, phosphorous, riboflavin (B2). Goji berries contain more vitamin C than oranges, more beta-carotene then carrots and more iron than soybeans and spinach. Why on earth wouldn’t you put this on everything!
Navitas Naturals Chia Seeds
Add to your smoothies and beverages, granola, oatmeal, yogurt, use as a thickener or a flour substitute. Ancient cultures throughout Central America have long enjoyed chia seeds as a key part of their food and medicine. The seeds were even used as currency. Navitas Naturals Chia Seeds are loaded with omega fats, protein, antioxidants and dietary fiber. They have a mild nutty flavor, and since they absorb liquid, they’re ideal for hydration and feeling full. The Mayans and Incans revered the tiny, but nutrient-dense, chia seed as a staple food along with corn and beans. In fact, ‘chia’ is the Mayan word for ‘strength.’ You’ll find lots of strength in Navitas Naturals Chia Seeds, which contain an abundance of good-for-you nutrients that can be added to virtually any meal.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
This cold-pressed, extra virgin olive oil is certified organic and certified kosher. it has a fresh herbaceous aroma and is delicious on and in everything! It is so light it can be used as a garnish or for cooking. Enhance salads and meals, great for cooking using low heat.
Omega Nutrition Coconut Oil
Omega Nutrition’s Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is one of nature’s most beneficial, nutritious and easily digestible culinary oils. It is extracted from fresh coconuts and made within a maximum of three hours. It is processed at temperatures so low that it is suitable for a raw food diet. Athletes and body builders will love it too! Contains no trans fats, Kosher, BPA-free and suitable for vegans!
Artisana Raw Almond Butter
Experience the delightful texture and clean aroma of our raw, uniquely energizing almond purée. A great way to add protein, essential vitamins and minerals to your diet. Add to fruit, shakes, cereal, sandwiches, confections or eat right out of the jar. Notably absent? Peanuts, gluten, dairy, heat, processing, sugar, salt, pesticides, artificial flavours/colours, preservatives, oils and of course, GMO’s.
Dutchman’s Gold Raw Honey
Why raw honey? Honey is more digestible than any other sweetener, natural or artificial. It is because it is not only predigested, but it also contains enzymes to help it along. It is easier on the body because of its chemical structure and does not cause a huge insulin rush the same as sugar does. Raw honey contains: Vitamin A, Beta-Carotene, All of the B-Complex Vitamins, Vitamins C, D, E and K Minerals, Magnesium, Sulfur, Phosphorus, Iron, Calcium, Chlorine, Potassium, Iodine, Sodium, Copper and Manganese. You want to know more? Ok! Raw honey can help with: Balancing blood sugar, Harmonize the liver, Loaded with ‘good’ bacteria including Acidophilus, Neutralize toxins, Blood pressure, Relieve pain, contains Anti-Cancer properties, Wipe out toxins that cause diarrhea, Calm the nerves, Digestion, Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Allergenic, Anti-Inflammatory, Cough & Expectorant, Type 1 diabetes, Fever-reducing…I could go on! And let’s not forget, it tastes incredible!
GoGo Quinoa Royal
Gluten free, organic, fair trade and kosher – Quinoa is particularly high in fiber and in non saturated fats; and is an important source of calcium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin E and part of the B complex. The well-balanced mix of amino acids makes it comparable to milk’s nutritional value. This product is free of sesame seeds, wheat, kamut, spelt or triticale, eggs, milk and soybeans.
Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
Tastes great, easy to use, and so good for you! Sprinkle Hemp Hearts on salads, or add to cereal, yogurt, in baking or even into smoothies! Add to recipes, or simply eat straight from the bag. These soft-textured seeds taste a bit like a sunflower or pine nut. Per serving, Hemp Hearts contain 10g of easy to digest protein and 10g of Omegas. Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts are made in a hemp-dedicated facility by dehulling non-GMO seeds. Once shelled, Hemp Hearts are immediately packaged to seal in the freshness. Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts are all-natural and contain NO additives, fillers or preservatives. Are you eating clean? Only cooking with minimal ingredients? Or looking for a way to add EFAs, protein & omega-3 & omega-6 into your diet? Then try a bag today, you won’t be disappointed!
Giddy Yoyo Chocolate Bars:
* Stone Ground Cacao – Energizing and one of the most pharmacologically complex foods containing over 1200 different molecules. Cacao is one of the most concentrated sources of anti–oxidants (6x more than blueberries) and is a great source of many key minerals such as magnesium, iron, chromium, manganese, zinc and copper.
* Sun Dried Cane Juice – The first of its kind on the market. This delicious sweetener is harvested from sugar cane grown in Ecuador in highly mineralized volcanic soil. It has a mild taste and is a perfect complement to the deep rich flavor of our cacao.
* Cacao paste, essential oils, essences and spices
Red Banana Spears: 100% Raw Organic Vine Ripened Banana Powder, certified organic & kosher from wild growing Ecuadorian trees.
Omega Nutrition’s Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil: Organic pure virgin unrefined coconut oil.
Artisana Almond Butter: Organic raw almonds
GIDDY YOYO IS PROUDLY CANADIAN! Giddy Yoyo foods are not the same as other certified organic or fair-trade products. While our goods are always organic or wild crafted, fairly traded AND of the heirloom variety, there are additional attributes that make our products unique. Our foods are the highest quality most nutrient dense foods available, nourished by mineral-rich soil, the freshest spring water & grown in healthy, remote environments that have never known the existence of chemicals. Our products are untouched by genetically modified organisms, the practice of hybridization, or chemical solvents and metals regularly used in the practice of bringing foods to market. And they’re 100% RAW too!
NAVITAS NATURALS – THE SUPERFOOD COMPANY: The mission of Navitas Naturals is to provide the finest organic superfoods that increase energy and enhance health. Since 2003, health-conscious people have been choosing our organic superfoods because they’re a diverse whole-food source of antioxidants, protein, essential fats, minerals, vitamins and other key nutrients.
MAISON ORPHEE IS PROUDLY CANADIAN! Maison Orphée products are only made with the highest quality fruit and seeds. We won’t compromise on this quality. And we won’t compromise on the quality of our production either. In the tradition of authentic master oil makers, all of our oils result of the patient work of slow pressing, the only way to extract the best from oil seeds. Our knowledge begins with a careful selection of raw materials. We value quality in our products and in this sense we perform several tests on GMOs, yeasts and molds. In addition, the cleanliness of our equipment, training of our teams and temperature controls right pressure contribute to our quality workmanship. In a tradition of authentic master oil makers, all of our oils are the result of pressure at very low speed and temperature. Our oils are made from a particular know-how which is the first cold pressing. It’s a process in which the oil seeds, not preheated, are pressed just once, without adding heat and at the lowest possible temperature, in order to extract part of the oil they contain (this temperature may vary depending on oil content and hardness of the seed to be pressed). La Maison Orphée combines art and craft mills and new production techniques.
OMEGA NUTRITION: The original flax oil company, was established in 1987 and is recognized worldwide as the Premium Manufacturer of Flax and Culinary Oil Products. We were the first company to bring unrefined, certified organic Flax Seed Oil to the North American Market. We have over 40 certified Organic, Kosher and GMO-free nutritional products using our unique omegaflo® process.
ARTISANA: Raw and organic food is just as natural as a flower growing in the grass. It is alive with all of nature’s enzymes, proteins, vitamins and minerals. Creating raw and organic food is an art. We source local nuts and seeds where available and we have a strict quality control program to insure the purity of our food from the farm to your table. Making our raw organic nut butters is not easy… and it is a process that we do not hurry along. It takes a considerable amount of energy and time to hand-make and keep all of Artisana Nut Butters pure and raw for you to enjoy… and we enjoy every moment of this process! Although we are a small organic food company, we are trying to make a big difference. Our goals and ideas are much bigger than just organic food. We are devoted to sustainable living and through our community we support the organic and living foods movement, the Earth and her forests. We try to buy our foods as close to the farmer as possible. In many cases we are able to buy straight from the organic farmers. It’s a choice. It’s how we operate. It is how we live our life.
DUTCHMAN’S GOLD IS PROUDLY CANADIAN! Dutchman’s Gold started from natural hive that the Van Alten family found back in 1981. We operate 1,500 beehives; with over 50,000 worker bees per hive in the summer months, our bee keepers stay busy! We are a small family business, open year-round, employing 13 hardworking individuals to help with beekeeping, extracting, honey packing, making beeswax candles, customer service in our honey shop, and delivering honey and maple products to retail stores in the surrounding area.
GOGO QUINOA IS PROUDLY CANADIAN! We started our operations in 2004 with the arrival of a first container of quinoa pasta. Our ambition was to create an ethical business dedicated to the promotion of organic food and fair trade practices. Six years later the GoGo Quinoa™ products line includes over 30 gluten-free, vegan and organic products made from quinoa and amaranth and distributed across Canada.GoGo Quinoa is a manufacturer specialized in ancient grains and quinoa products. The purpose of GoGo Quinoa has been to provide healthy gluten – free products not only to those with celiac disease, wheat allergies, gluten intolerance or on wheat free diet, but also organic, vegan and delicious tasting products that the whole family will enjoy.
MANITOBA HARVEST IS PROUDLY CANADIAN! At the risk of bragging…we are THE hemp experts. We love hemp foods. We love hemp foods SO much we are exclusively hemp! Manitoba Harvest’s co-founders helped legalize Industrial Hemp in Canada, essentially starting a whole industry. Manitoba Harvest leads the way in product innovations (like the first water soluble hemp protein powder), and food safety and quality standards. Manitoba Harvest has invested over half a million dollars for an internal state-of-the-art quality control lab. We are in the fields, educating and sharing with farmers – and encouraging more hemp acres. We are the world’s largest hemp food manufacturer to grow, make and sell our own line of hemp foods. We control every aspect of the production process from the seed planted, to manufacturing, to packaging, to distribution. “Quality seed to shelf” as we like to say. We strive to be the preferred partner of choice for farmers. In 2012, 60% of all seeded acres in Canada were seeded for us. (Don’t worry – the remaining acres handled the rejection well). Our manufacturing plant has achieved the highest level of global certification in food safety and quality. We are proud to be the first and only hemp food manufacturer to have BRC (British Retail Consortium) Certification.
WHY RAW FOODS?
* Phytonutrients (“”phyto”” means “”plant””), which includes antioxidants, give fruits and vegetables their radiant colors and are important in the prevention of chronic diseases, most notably cancer. These are literally nature’s compounds that keep us well. Phytonutrients help “”turn-on”” your body’s metabolism at the cellular level and regulate hormones that help control appetite. These foods have high levels of antioxidants with health promoting and disease preventing compounds. Most vitamins and phytonutrients are destroyed or damaged when cooked or processed above 130 degrees so they’re less available for assimilation. In short, when you cook your food, you’re destroying the nutrients. It’s like eating empty foods, or empty calories, that just fill you up temporarily. Eating fresh, organic Raw fruits and vegetables will increase the vitamins and micronutrients in your diet and you’ll feel the difference immediately.
* Raw foods are high in Enzymes are the power of life. They are living forces that conduct and direct every activity in your body. Enzymes “”digest”” or break down raw foods. More and more research suggests eating high-enzyme food helps digestion. Eating an enzyme-rich diet is thought to increase vitality and slow the aging process. Enzymes are heat sensitive and destroyed at temperatures above 118 degrees. Again, the bottom line here is that when you cook your food, you’re destroying the nutrients and enzymes.
* Raw fats are extremely helpful in transitioning you to a higher Raw diet, away from cooked foods. As long as you are getting enough green vegetables and fruits, and not overeating all the time, you don’t have to worry about limiting your intake of the good fats. The “”good fats”” include mono-unsaturated fats, which you can find in avocados, almonds, and olives, Omega-3 fatty acids, which are in flax seeds and walnuts. The “”good fats”” also include polyunsaturated fats, which can bind with toxins, helping to eliminate them from your body. So, these are some of the most healing fats for the body. You can find these in walnuts, flax, hemp, sesame, sunflower and other seeds.
WHY COLD-PRESSED & ORGANIC OILS? Organically produced oils are free of fertilizer and pesticide residues and other synthetic chemicals. In addition to organic, make sure they have been “cold” or “expeller” processed. Here’s why…
1) Preserve Natural Ingredients: The traditional way to extract vegetable oil is with a mechanical press. No additional heat or chemical solvents are used, so the oils retain the chemical structure of their natural source. You’ll see these oils labeled as “cold-pressed” or “expeller-pressed.”
2) Rich In Antioxidants: “Cold-pressed” or “expeller-pressed” oil is rich in antioxidants that keep the oil fresh and provide us with protection from free radical damage.
3) They React To Heat, Light and Air: Vegetable oils are not stable. They react to heat, light, air and other chemicals they come into contact with. When this happens, their antioxidants are lost, leaving free radicals in their place. We then have oil that is filled with toxic chemicals. And this happens without affecting the smell or taste of the oil.
4) Require Careful Handling: So it’s important to handle cold-pressed oils properly. They need to be kept in air-tight containers, out of the light, and away from heat.
5) The More Processing, The Lower The Quality: More oil can be extracted if heat and chemicals are used. So most vegetable oil is not mechanically pressed in the traditional way. It is extracted, instead with chemical solvents. Then it is boiled to evaporate the solvents, and then it is deodorized and bleached. The final product is very different from its natural source. The antioxidants are replaced by free radicals, and trans-fats appear in it. These refined oils may smell sweet and taste fine, but they are vastly inferior to cold pressed oils and they do not belong in our bodies.
WHY ORGANIC VIRGIN COCONUT OIL? Virgin coconut oil is ideal to use as a cooking oil because it can take high heat without losing its healthy properties. Most importantly this non-hydrogenated, naturally saturated oil does not contain trans-fatty acids. Use 25% less fat when making your next pie crust! A mild, light, subtle flavor makes this an excellent butter substitute. Virgin coconut oil is converted into energy rather than stored as fat. People who have trouble digesting fat find that virgin coconut oil can be easily digested. It is important to purchase virgin coconut oil because many other oils (soy, corn and canola oils) contain saturated fats. It’s the hydrogenation — artificially adding a hydrogen molecule to oils in order to make them shelf-stable — that is the problem. Hydrogenated soy, corn, and canola oils — loaded with dangerous trans-fats and processed with toxic hexane solvents — are routinely added to packaged foods and is associated with heart disease. Virgin coconut oil is rich in the essential fatty acids, the “good fats” and is cholesterol and trans fat-free. One of the “good fats” that makes up about 50% of virgin coconut oil, is lauric acid. Lauric acid is a rare medium-chain fatty acid found in mother’s milk. It is now being shown to have anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial health-protecting properties. We suggest consuming 3 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil a day. Besides its nutritional value, pure coconut oil also makes a luscious and soothing massage and body oil for dry and or damaged skin.
WHY RAW & ORGANIC NUT BUTTERS? Raw, organic nut butters are loaded with protein, fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. Protein helps build muscle and keep the body in shape, while the right fatty acids work to decrease cholesterol and, as a result, reduce the risk of heart disease. Vitamins and minerals, such as riboflavin, thiamin, niacin, folic acid, and vitamin E, all work to keep the body’s systems running smoothly. The well rounded health benefits of raw, organic nut butters are important aspects of a successful raw food diet.
WHY RAW HONEY? Not all honey is created equal. Many people believe that just because honey is “natural”, any kind of honey is healthy. This is simply not true. Unfortunately, most of the honey eaten today has been heavily processed. Like most foods that have been chemically refined, many of the healthful benefits have been reduced or eliminated. Most commercial and off shore honey is treated with an excessive heating process that can destroy some of the critical natural enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. And many so called ‘local’ or ‘domestic’ honeys are in fact small amounts of domestic blended with Chinese or cheap off shore honey. Canadian labeling laws for example allow you to call it ‘Canadian’ as long as there is some Canadian honey in it. Processing of honey also filters out many vital phytonutrients found in raw honey. Raw honey has not been heated excessively through pasteurization. The only way to get that perfectly clear look of most commercial honeys is to heat it and then filter it excessively. The problem with heat is that many nutrients are very sensitive to it and die. You may get strange looks when you tell people your raw honey is ‘alive’, but you’re absolutely correct to a certain extent. It’s the beneficial enzymes found in raw honey that make it so digestible to humans. Raw honey is filtered, but very minimally and in a manor not to destroy the health promoting enzymes and other nutrients. You’ll also notice raw honey is solid at room temperature (like honey should be) and it also looks almost milky. It is not a golden and perfectly clear liquid. Let that be a sign to you – the mirky look to your honey is assurance that it still contains it bee pollen granules, bee propolis, vitamins, minerals, enzymes and whatever else raw honey contains that we haven’t figured out yet!
7 REASONS TO LOVE QUINOA!
1. Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat. It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids.
2. Quinoa contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains. Fiber is most widely known to relieve constipation. It also helps to prevent heart disease by reducing high blood pressure and diabetes. Fiber lowers cholesterol and glucose levels, may lower your risk of developing hemorrhoids and may help you to lose weight as it takes a longer time to chew than does other foods because it makes you feel fuller for longer and is less “energy dense” which means it has fewer calories for the same volume of food.
3. Quinoa contains Iron. Iron helps keep our red blood cells healthy and is the basis of hemoglobin formation. Iron carries oxygen from one cell to another and supplies oxygen to our muscles to aid in their contraction. Iron also increases brain function because the brain takes in about 20% of our blood oxygen. There are many benefits of iron some more of which include neurotransmitter synthesis, regulation of body temperature, aids enzyme activity and energy metabolism.
4. Quinoa contains lysine. Lysine is mainly essential for tissue growth and repair.
5. Quinoa is rich in magnesium. Magnesium helps to relax blood vessels and thereby to alleviate migraines. Magnesium also may reduce Type 2 diabetes by promoting healthy blood sugar control. Other health benefits of magnesium include transmission of nerve impulses, body temperature regulation, detoxification, energy production, and the formation of healthy bones and teeth.
6. Quinoa is high in Riboflavin (B2). B2 improves energy metabolism within brain and muscle cells and is known to help create proper energy production in cells.
7. Quinoa has a high content of manganese. Manganese is an antioxidant, which helps to prevent damage of mitochondria during energy production as well as to protect red blood cells and other cells from injury by free radicals.